Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Scene #1 part B, [Song #2 - What the Hell is a Chicken Dance?]

Boss Lady is running the espresso machine, which makes it’s horrible grinding noise. Catfish continues with his next song, performing for Awkward guy, the notebook woman, and Boss Lady (who is still working on her Sodoku book), toward the end of the song Sue comes out of the restroom, It is a pathetic audience to perform for.

[listen to Song #2 "What the Hell is a Chicken Dance?" on this You-Tube link.
song performed by John Black, but I own the copyright, and and all rights] 


Song 2: What the Hell is a Chicken Dance?


[BLUES HARMONICA VERSION OF “Here Comes the Bride”]

Catfish: So I got an email the other day from some guy in England who’s going to hold a wedding in town, and they’re looking for a Harp player.  Naturally, I mailed them back and said I play the blues harp, I don’t really play that stringy thingy that you’re looking for. But they emailed me back, and said no, they’re looking for a trio there to do a little cover music, and do that there wedding march, and to make sure I knew “The Chicken Dance”.  Had to think about that there a minute, and I thought hmmmmm the chicken dance….

[INSTRUMENTAL—CATFISH’S INTERPRETATION OF A “CHICKEN DANCE” – which is like a clucking chicken – it is obvious Catfish doesn’t have a clue what the real chicken dance sounds like]

What the Hell is a Chicken Dance? I don’t know
What the Hell is a Chicken Dance? I don’t know
What the Hell is a Chicken Dance? I just don’t know
But you can bet I can play it, if you got some dough

[INSTRUMENTAL and clucking sounds]

What the Hell is a Chicken Dance? I don’t know
What the Hell is a Chicken Dance? I don’t know
What the Hell is a Chicken Dance? I just don’t know
But you can bet I can play it, if you got some dough

Yeah, I will play your Chicken Dance, do not fear
I will play your Chicken Dance, do not fear
I will play your Chicken Dance, do not fear
I will play your Chicken Dance, then disappear

[INSTRUMENTAL and clucking sounds]

Adios amigos.

 (Catfish puts on a hilarious exhibition, playing guitar, clucking and strutting like a chicken as he heads off stage, but there is no applause at the end of the song from the stage audience, he comes back on stage with a big stage smile)

Catfish: Thank you, you’ve been a great audience, I’ll see you next month. 

Boss Lady hands Catfish a bag of coffee as he walks out into the night into an alley next to the Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment